Friday, September 27, 2013

Violence

I am not a subscriber to violence (wwe does not count). I poke your eye and make you one eye blind. You poke my eye and make me one eye blind. We poke the world and we make them one eye blind. And then we go for the other eyes. Aye! (All say) Aye! See?

What with petrol bombs to lathi charges to stone pelting (if only they were David, eh?) to crazy truck drivers, we need a change.

Humbly, and tentatively, I, therefore, propose that we need to re-imagine "Violence".

One way i'd like to reinterpret violence is this:

Violence, when her coated lips move/
Violence, when she grabs in love/
Violence, when she devours with her eyes/
Violence, when sparks fly/
Violence, she perpetrates violence//

See? Very violent. Very delicious. Next time a bandh is called for, engage in violence (reimagined kind, of course).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment